Here is a film that I was actually putting off watching. I recently got around to seeing it and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't really heard anything great about it(which is why I probably didn't watch it sooner), but it was really good. It's nice to see a film that's not just mind numbing, predictable, trash entertainment. It's not quite as much of a head spinner as Memento was(which is amazing by the way),
but it definitely makes you think a bit.
Shutter Island is about a US Marshall searching for an escaped patient/prisoner at an insane asylum which is located on a remote island. Things soon start getting crazy and I quickly got sucked into the story, wondering what was really going on. The shots combined with the dark music give the movie a really ominous vibe and the pace of the story is real edge of your seat type stuff. I strongly recommend that you see this. It's not exactly best movie in the world type stuff but it's original and really well put together.
No comments:
Post a Comment