Sunday, February 16, 2014

Snow Death

I am just now emerging from the fog of the Snow Death. A descent into freezing temperatures, disease, and madness. It is no easy thing to shake off. The feelings left over resemble that of a terrible hangover. My body is weak and full of aches. My mouth is left with an awful taste that will not wash away. My head is pounding and I can't stop coughing. Each hack that my lungs expel send bolts of pain through the mangled mess in my head. The Snow Death was a terrible thing indeed.


What happened over the past week? I have fleeting memories but they are disappearing quickly, like those of dreams. Fever dreams and short, intoxicated bouts of consciousness combine to leave me with practically nothing to hold on to. I do have one clear memory though. The cold. It was so cold..... and it was dark. I was trapped in my own home. Cold and dark. There was nowhere to go and nothing worked anymore. For a time I thought my time on earth was slowly coming to an end. This is when the madness began to show it's terrible face.


When I was at the point that I was almost certain all was lost, a reprieve was granted. The weather warmed and I escaped the fate of an icy tomb. The sickness that wracked my body for days is lifting as well. However, I don't feel much better. In fact, I think I feel worse. I am left now with the task of piecing things back together. How long this process will take is hard to say. I do know that it is not going to be pretty. Let's hope I don't find too many skeleton's in the closet.....

4 comments: