Thursday, June 12, 2014

A future journal entry

                So I am a big fan of The Jason Ellis Show on Faction, SiriusXM. Unfortunately I am currently unable to listen regularly but I catch an On-demand episode now and then. Yesterday I was lucky enough to hear a bit about future journal entries. I thought this was a pretty cool idea. Basically you pick a random date in the future and you write a journal entry for that date. This is not meant to be just fantasy or a bunch of bullshit. You’re not supposed to write about how you can fly or how you have 27 different hot wives. This is supposed to be realistic and serve as a motivator. Maybe it could even help to keep you focused. We are capable of a lot, you just have to get off your ass and do it!
                Anyways, here is mine:
12 June 2019
                Dear Journal,
Today was a great day. The kids are finally able to step away and take a break. They have been doing absolutely outstanding in school. Both of the boys are getting great grades and they are normally some of the best athletes on their sport teams, but they are also great team players. I am so proud of them! It’s summer break and we are hitting the beach. I love the new boat we were able to buy. I guess the fact that I got picked up for my first look at Master Sergeant helped out with that. I really love my job. I am so grateful to have gotten assigned to a position that gives me such great job satisfaction, while at the same time allows me ample time to enjoy my family.
I don’t have too much longer until I will be ready to retire if I choose to do so. I love the Army but it’s going to be great to move on to the next chapter of my life. At least now we are living in a place that we love and we are surrounded by good people and good friends. My wife has more friends then she knows what to do with but I am happy for her. I am so proud of the new business that she opened recently. She really helps a lot of people and I know that is important to her. Fortunately I was able to finance the whole thing for her. Lucky for me I invested in the right growing/distribution companies back when Colorado and Washington first legalized Marijuana. Now that it is legal everywhere my stock portfolio has exploded. Life has really been good to us.
Me and my wife have a great marriage and we both couldn’t be happier. It took us some time but we are truly in sync now. Fighting, bitterness, and blame are a thing of the past. We are truly happy together and more in love than ever before. Life is good to us though and it makes things easy for me and her. When you have children that epitomize respect and responsibility it really takes a lot of the stress out of parenting. Our personal and professional lives are going great so when we spend time together, it’s all about us and we don’t have much to worry about.
On a personal note, I have been doing great with my art lately! I just finished putting the final touches on another song I wrote and recorded and I think I actually have enough material to put out an album if I want to. I don’t know if anyone will listen to it or not. I do know that I loved creating this music. My Blog is kinda popular which is pretty awesome. I never really thought it would get this much attention, pretty cool. If things keep going in this direction I might actually be able to just focus on doing things that I love after I retire from the Military. I have a couple of book ideas that have been floating around for years that I would love to get put down on paper.
 I have everything I could ever ask for and so does my family. Life is good. Until next time journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment