Saturday, September 6, 2014

A tattoo

Tattoos have become widely accepted in Western culture and they are no longer reserved strictly for bikers, criminals, and hooligans. Some have meaning, some don't. People without tattoos don't seem to understand this theory.

I have been asked multiple times "What does that tattoo mean?"


First of all, that is a very personal question. Why the hell would I tell you that and what in God's name gives you the impression that that is an appropriate question to ask? Secondly, maybe it doesn't mean anything. Maybe it's just a representation of the art I like. Not every tattoo has a meaning and if you don't understand that then don't worry about it. After all it's not on your body anyways.


I have also been asked why I have a picture of the devil on my arm. Apparently I'm evil. It's not my fault that you have no ability to interpret something. It's not that complex. I read books sometimes though and I have a job that requires me to use my brain. Maybe you are just a total moron. Wouldn't be the first I've met and you certainly won't be the last.


What's that going to look like when you get old? UUuuuhhhhhh it's going to look like shit probably. Along with the rest of me. So who cares!


(The scratches are from an unrelated tree falling incident. FYI, you can shoot a tree down with a 12 gauge. Just know that it might fall on top of you.)

Another tattoo complaint, vocalized mostly by the older generation...."You might regret that when you get older."

You know what? You could be right. I just might regret this some day. Probably not, but it's possible. You know what else? Someday when I'm 80 (if I make it that long) and my knees and back are blown out, I might also regret being a paratrooper and running for miles and miles up and down Military installations. I wouldn't trade that for the world though. Are you living your life today to get ready to be old? I'm not. I'm trying to kick ass right now! Because one thing I will have when I'm 80 is stories. Pull up a chair son, let me tell you what it's like to jump out of an airplane. Let me tell you about marching through the woods in the middle of the night after precious night vision batteries have died. Let me tell you a bit about the Middle East. If your lucky I'll also tell you about this tattoo.....

1 comment:

  1. Some of these tattoos look so painful. I bet they took a while to complete.

    ReplyDelete