So I'm convinced that I am better off than a lot of people I know. Why? Because I don't wallow in shit. When life shits on me I ask for a second helping. I LIKE the shit! I think it smells good, and I find humor in the strange little bits in the shit that give me clues as to what life had to eat the day before. Once the shitting upon has been completed I calmly look around to see if it's all finished. If it is, I wash it off, change my clothes, and go about my day.
I know a lot of people that can't do what I do. I don't know where I got my outlook on life. I'm sure if I sat on a couch for a few hours we could come up with a few clues but that's not the point today. The point is that I am happy in life and it's not because of anything on the outside. I choose to be a positive person. I choose to be happy. When things come along that might ruin someones else's day, I shrug it off, have a laugh, and stay happy.
I wish I could teach other people how to do the same thing but I don't know how. All I can say is life is short and it only happens once. Getting upset over things or living in anger is a waste of precious time. We all know that our time on earth is limited so why not make every day the best day possible? Each moment spent in negativity destroys precious minutes, hours, and days. Negativity has a compounding affect as well. It spirals and can quickly get out of control.
There are very few things that we can control in this world as individuals. What you can control is how you react to situations. If you don't have a natural good frame of mind then work on it. Self improvement is something that should never stop, whether it be physical or mental.
Life's bus could run us over at any minute, taking away everything. Shouldn't that mean that we make the most of right now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment