Saturday, February 15, 2014

Can Colorado make us money?

A few years ago I bought some stock in a company that provides security and legal assistance to marijuana growers and distributors. I originally bought it just thinking that the plants medicinal uses would continue to grow. After Colorado opened up it's recreational use doors that stock started to jump up. Now I'm wondering, could this be a path to investment success?

Most companies associated with Marijuana are extremely cheap on the stock market right now. If this recreational business really took off there could be some serious growth here. For example, if you do a quick search on green stocks you will see most of them are under 50 cents a share. Now trying to figure out who is going to be the heavy hitter is probably next to impossible at this point unless you have personal knowledge. Anheuser Busch stock is worth over 100 dollars a share. If things go right and a "Budweiser" type distributor starts taking a hold on the market it could be crazy.

Either way I definitely think there is some opportunity here. Barring a disaster of some sort in Colorado or Washington it seems to me like only a matter of time before this business really becomes serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment