Alright its 2012. Man......I was supposed to have a flying car and be able to take vacations to the moon by now......my seventh grade science teacher was full of shit.
Anyways, resolutions... some people make them and stick to it, most of us however make them and forget in about a week. "I'm gonna quit smoking", "I'm gonna get in better shape", "I'm gonna apply myself more at work and try for that promotion". It all sounds good after a few beers on New Years Eve but unfortunately, they just don't stick most of the time.
This year I'm going all out. I think it's going to go well for me this time because I have been thinking about this and preparing for some time now. I have even been practicing and experimenting in anticipation. You see, I have always been pretty healthy and I have maintained my physical fitness for the most part. This year I'm going all out. I'm am going to re-define my health and fitness. I am no longer going to settle for average or even slightly above average. I am aiming for excellent, superior, and amazing.
It begins today(I wanted to start on a weekend). I will not eat any solid food for at least 3 days, maybe longer depending on how I feel. I will be drinking nothing but water and home made juice. I would shoot for a longer period but I have stepped up my workouts in the gym and I don't want the wrong areas to breakdown. The goal with this fast is to cleanse my body of toxins and bad habits, while instilling in me a new discipline regarding diet. Following the fast my diet will consist of large amounts of fresh, raw, organic produce. I am not going full vegan at this time because of protein concerns and also because I am just not educated enough on nutrition.
My motivation for taking this course of action has been a long time coming. I have been interested in nutrition for some time now. This, in turn, has caused me to become a bit horrified with the average American diet. America is by far the fattest, sickest, and laziest nation in my opinion. Everyone is obsessed with food. Do you realize how much time each day you devote to eating in one way or another? Try and think about it for a minute. Add up all the time you spend either eating, cooking, grocery shopping, sitting in a restaraunt, talking about food, planning your next meal, or preparing food for a gathering. For most of us it is an absolutely ridiculous amount of time. Staying fed is pretty easy for the majority of us, so why the obsession? Just grab an apple and a handful of nuts and call it a meal. It's really not that big of a deal. I'm not even going to talk about fast food and all of the other bad habits that most of us have. It's like smoking, you know its bad for you and its a choice.
I plan to raise my children with a different outlook on life. Just because we are on the road doesn't mean we are going to constantly feed them chicken nuggets and french fries all of the time just because its easy. If I'm going to do that I might as well hot box my car with second hand smoke and tell them drugs are cool. The end result is the same, poor health and disease. Many people don't like to hear stuff like this. To some this is probably gay hippy talk. Whatever....eat your cheese burger and enjoy your heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancer later. Its your choice. As for me, I am going to see what this body of mine is really capable of. This summer, when I'm at the beach, I'll be stoked to take my shirt off!
In closing, I am rejecting the typical way of American life. I encourage everyone out there to do the same. I would also be glad to help anyone who needs some motivation. Shoot me an e-mail(the link is at the top of this page), and I can tell you about some of the things that got me ready to make a change. Good luck and good health!
Friday, January 6, 2012
The New Year
Labels:
diet,
exercise,
fruit,
future,
health,
juice,
new year,
new years resolution,
nutrition,
organic,
raw,
resolution,
vegetables
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment