What do you live for? It's a question that everyone should ask themselves. We all have goals, ambitions, and ideas for the future, but that still doesn't answer my question.
What do you live for? Are you living so that you can grumble your way through your career, scrounge money for retirement, and then FINALLY enjoy yourself when your 65? 65 seems a little late to start enjoying life to me. I see too many people that aren't happy. Sit back and think about it. There is no reason for you to be miserable right now. You are only getting older and chances are passing you up left and right. Stop complaining and crying around and do something with yourself.
I can't tell you what to do. That is something you need to figure out on your own. However, you need to figure something out, and sooner rather than later. Your shitty attitude just annoys the people around you and will only continue to inflate your misery.
I'm not saying everyone should just run amok, disregard saving for the future, and just "spur of the moment" every decision. On the contrary, I strongly suggest you think about your future and make wise decisions in life. Happiness is a frame of mind that every individual can control. If you don't like your job, change it. Maybe you have always had a dream of something you wanted to do or a business you wanted to own. Nobody is stopping you. If you are unhappy with your health, fix it. If the people you are surrounded by constantly bring you down, don't surround yourself with them. Learn to play an instrument, sing, ride a motorcycle, skydive, buy a gun that's way too big, meet new people, get out of the house, stop crying at work, start a relationship, end a relationship, tell your A hole friend to piss off, clean your dirty house, square yourself away, get buff, slim down, eat better, meditate, drink a beer, stop drinking beer, learn to be more outgoing, read more, take time to notice the things around you, slow down, eat, breathe, live.
Obviously these situations are not always so easy to change, but you have to start somewhere. You only have one life and you have to make the most of it. Who wants to sit on their porch when they get older and think about all of their regrets? I know I don't. I am going to sit on my porch, let out a sigh, possibly crack a beer and say, "Damn.....that was bad ass."
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment