It had high expectations in many circles. It was supposed to be a big summer movie. It was supposed to be the mighty return of M. Night Shyamalan. What is was however, was an epic failure. Off the top of my head, this is one of the worst good ideas gone wrong I have ever seen. This film had potential to be really cool. While I wasn't expecting a mind blowing film I was at least expecting maybe some cool fight scenes, some nice effects with the bending, and at least an overall good time. What got instead was a swift kick in my brain nuts. It's full of horrible( and I mean horrible) acting, crap dialogue, and just all around nonsense. This is the first time I have booed out loud ever. Whatever you do, do not see this film. It is a complete waste of time and should immediately be pulled from the big screen and burned all across the world. Not only did M. Night Shyamalan not make a triumphant come back, he buried himself so deep in a hole of slop that I he ever makes another film it will be a miracle (or a curse I guess you could say). The worst part is they set it up to make more of these films. If that happens I will have finally and permanently lost hope in all of of humanity. Maybe I shouldn't have expected much from the film. I mean the creator has showed us that he is a jackass for some time know. Let's have a quick look at his history:
Once again I good idea gone wrong. The film started out good, it caught your attention and had you wondering. Then it dragged on for a bit and got boring. Then it ended so incredibly lame like that I'm pretty sure my two year old son could come up with something more entertaining. At least when he acts like an idiot it is somewhat amusing. When M. Night Shyamalan does it, it just makes you feel let down and pissed off.
Lady in the Water.....
OK maybe not the worst movie ever but a bit weird. Nothing to write home about. Mildly entertaining, not worth watching twice.
The Village.....
Complete crap. You can't run a garbage movie for and hour and a half and then think a tricky surprise ending will save the day. The ending was kind of cool, however, by the time it got there you were already praying to whatever deity you pray to, to save you from this horrible torture.
Now his earlier three; Signs, Unbreakable, and the Sixth Sense, are pretty good. If it weren't for those three movies I am pretty sure that someone would have already removed him from the business by now. After all of my venting, the point is this:
DO NOT for any reason go and see The Last Airbender and please God please, never let this fool make another film.
This is going to be another blog hit and run. Found your blog via Fobbits Need Ice Cream. Was thinking the Last Airbender might be cool, but... Anyhow, M. Night has made another movie and it is coming out soon... something to do with the Devil... in an elevator...that stops...
ReplyDeleteAh yes I have seen the previews. It's the same old story with him. They try and make a trailer that will suck you in and get you interested but I'm not falling for that old trick anymore. He is officially boy-cotted in my book ha ha.
ReplyDelete