Saturday, March 19, 2011

What is happiness?

What is happiness? I think that is a relatively easy question to answer but I'm afraid most Americans would not share the same optimism. What does it really mean to be happy? I think to be truly happy you have to be satisfied. Unfortunately, Americans have a real problem with this. I have traveled the world and I have seen people living in sheds that are truly happy. We however, have great lives compared to a majority of the country, yet we can never be satisfied. Married people want to be single. Single people want to be married. Couples get bored with there sex lives and cheat on each other. My car is not good enough, I need a better one. My house is not big enough, I need a bigger one. I don't get paid enough to sit in my office and do nothing, I need a raise.

This type of attitude is running rampant in our country and I have such a difficult time understanding it. Why are we so hard to please? Maybe that is what makes us great. Maybe that is why we are the best country in the world. We will not settle for what is good. We need to make it better. This is a very valuable trait to have in some instances, but can be damaging in others. Let's focus our energies. Put your desire for success in the right places. Be happy with your family, your children, your love life, and yourself. Don't let your desire for betterment rule your life. Be happy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment