If you had asked me about six months ago if Obama was going to get re-elected I would have told you, "Hell no".
Well....unfortunately, I'm not sure that is still the case. I kind of think he will serve for a second term. It has nothing to do with his performance because most people would agree with the fact that his performance hasn't been very good. The guy sure can talk though right? God dang that last State of the Union address was great! And I'm a red blooded Republican! Hahalolzrofllamo.....
Sorry I got a little out of hand there for a minute. Anyways, I'm pretty sure he will get re-elected, because the dang GOP can't pull it together. For the most part people are fooling with a bunch of sub-par candidates. I don't think Mitt Romney can pull off a win and I deffinetely don't think Newt Gingrich can do it.....no effing way.
It's sad because people are afraid to think outside of the box and support someone willing to get our country back on track. In my opinion, Ron Paul should be the next president. I think he has the right idea. America needs some serious changes. We pretty much need to overhaul our whole system.
Alas, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Greed, corruption, and cooperate/donor/lobbyist handshakes have too strong a hold on our system. The big players don't want to see someone like Ron Paul take office. The big players want things to stay the way they are.
We as a people don't seem to be ready to fix our country. There are a great number of people out there that understand what needs to happen. Unfortunately, we are the minority. It appears as though things will have to get much worse before a change is made. Our recent depression wasn't bad enough. The Iraq and Afghanistan wars aren't bad enough. Our national dept, country credit rating, and our government corruption aren't bad enough. It sucks but apparently something really nasty needs to happen before people get the hint.
Therein lies the dilemna.....people don't think ahead. Especially Americans. We say we are worried about the future but are you really? When someone talks about global warming or some other such issues what do you usually here? "Well that is not going to happen in my lifetime so eff it". This is our downfall.
Better to make a choice now, then fail at reacting later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment