Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Look up

Work work work. That's what I tell everyone I have been doing lately. It's true to a certain degree. I have been pretty busy at work. However, I am not being entirely honest. I have been stagnant lately. I have found myself stuck in a bit of a rut and I don't know what dug said hole in the first place.

Everyone has times such as these. We have periods when our jobs are consuming all of our time, our kids are stressing us out in the evenings, and our relationships have periods of instability. It's life. We have to deal with. The question is, how to deal with it. How do you fix your frame of mind and avoid taking out your negativity on the people around you?

Mentality. Your mentality is everything. If you wake up in the morning and you prepare yourself for a bad day, then most likely that is what you are going to have. If you wake up and tell yourself that today is going to be good, once again, that is most likely what you are going to have. Another very important step that has to be performed is that everyone needs a way to clear their head. Find something that you can do to "reset" yourself and give your mind a positive boost. For example, the things I do are go to the gym(great for the mind and body) or I take my motorcycle out to an area where there is little to no traffic and just ride around. Being out in the open, alone, gives me a great sense of freedom and happiness. You just need to find out what it is that you can do to boost your frame of mind.

Of course, sometimes you will need more than just a positive mind frame or a daily release. We can still get caught in traps that weigh us down, which is what I feel I have been stuck in lately. When this happens, I think we need to take some time to sit back and assess our situation. Take a long hard look at your life, and do it from an outside perspective. Take note of the things that are bad in your life, then take note of the good. More than likely, things are probably going pretty good for you and your just being a cry baby(that's me). If things aren't so good, change them. Surround yourself with things and people that make you happy. If you are involved in a broken situation, fix it or throw it away. Obviously it's not always that easy, but many times, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment