If things succeed in Colorado, as in marijuana makes a bunch of money for the state and they save money on senseless law enforcement, I believe recreational legalization of pot will sweep the nation. There also is the potential for things to look bad though. Of course there are groups out there that don't want it legalized and they will look for things to make public to show us all why it is a bad idea. If weed starts showing up more frequently in schools or hippies all of a sudden start crashing their cars more often while their bongs are in the back seat, then we will see those things pushed across conservative media networks that don't want weed around. If this happens, I'm sure it will be blown out of proportion. The people that are against pot will look for anything to make it look bad. They will suggest the most extreme worst case scenarios to prove that it is going to ruin America. Just like they are going to show the supporters of pot in a negative light.
This is why I think big media news stations are bull shit. They simply twist things around to fit into their own agenda. It's so stupid and I hate it. To think that there are people out there hanging on the every word of what correspondents from Fox and CNN have to say is just scary to me. I also immediately assume that those people constantly watching the news and agreeing with everything their perspective color has to say are a big part of what is wrong with America and they have lost the ability to grow and think for themselves.
Anyways, I think weed will be readily available in most states in the near future. Either way the federal government will be the last ones to make it legal so that means it will be a long time before it matters to me personally anyways. I am interested in watching how things pan out though. Regardless of differing opinions, I think a little more revenue and a little less people in jail can't be too bad. Plus high people don't really get in trouble and make poor decisions aside from maybe skipping work. The poor decisions are made by the drunkies.





No comments:
Post a Comment