Saturday, January 25, 2014

The down side of life



Since birth there has been a shadow looming over me.
At first it's presence was unknown, but maturity revealed the truth.

Since birth I was given a lease, to temporarily experience the world.
It expires someday, I know not when. Renewals are not permitted.

I can't say that I'm a fan of my contract.
In fact, most of us probably are not.
One chance to leave a valuable impact.
Sadly, most of us probably will not.

In the hospital now I am filled and drained by tubes.
Scary to say but I'm glad it's almost over, existence has become such a chore.

In the hospital now the lights and sounds are fading.
There are so many things I didn't do right, I hope they don't judge me.

Please excuse my dark little poem. I'm actually pretty happy right now but sometimes my mind gets to wandering and I just start to think about different things. Sometimes I think about the fact that the clock is just ticking on around it's wheels and it's never going backwards. To me this is not something to be sad about. It should spark motivation and it should teach you to realize the quality of your life. We all live in a different scenarios. Some of us are rich. Some of us are poor. Some of us have strong family bonds. Some of us are starting from scratch with our own family. Whatever the case, make the best of it. You only get one try. There is no reset button. Don't let that scare you. Let it push you to do the best job you can possibly do. Leave a positive impact. Leave each place better than you found it. Leave your family and friends with nothing but fond memories of you each time you see them. Don't let the pressures of modern day life drag you down and ruin your focus on what's really important. We only have one shot. Make it a good one!

2 comments: