Sunday, January 10, 2016

The black door

Sitting in a blank room. There are four doors. I have to pass through one. I have a decision to make. Each door is a different color. Behind the Red door is love. Behind the Green door is serenity. Behind the White door is happiness. Behind the black door is the unknown. Most would never choose the Black door. The unknown, the dark, the things that we don't talk about; all of this lies behind the dark entryway, yet I know it's my path. I always choose the black door.



Have you ever went on a vacation and had the best time ever? Tell me this story.... wait! Stop! This story is dreadful. No one cares about the time you went and did whatever and everything was perfect. I hate this story.

Now, how about the time we traveled overseas and got robbed at gun point by a desperate figure that didn't speak English. Or the time everyone got horribly sick in Mexico. Or even the time there was a murder just two houses down that took place while we slept. Tell me these stories. Now you have my attention.

I didn't decide to travel through the black door. It chose me. It's the path I was born into. So the next time we travel down the road, looking for whatever the evening has in store, don't look to me for answers when we come to a crossroad. You will choose the well lit, lively establishment on the right. I will choose the dark alley on the left, and I cannot be responsible for you. Sometimes there are monsters inside, but only by perception because most cannot understand. I love these monsters, they are my friends. Evil exists everywhere, but behind the black door there are no liars. The other doors hold just as much evil, but it hides behind smiles and picket fences, only known through secrets and whispers. In my world there are no secrets. Just us monsters. Living our lives the way we want, brutally honest and comfortable with who we are. We hide from you sometimes. But we never hide from each other.

1 comment:

  1. WOW you are seriously talented!I enjoyed this writing so much!

    ReplyDelete