So everyone is either really happy or really upset that President Obama got re-elected. Same old story. The left or the right wins and the other side hates. The losing side screams about how we are all gonna be sorry when the nation falls apart blah blah blah......
First off, it's always the same thing every time there is a presidential election. The losers scream doomsday. We just hear more of it today because everyone is connected on social media and other such sites with a plethora of mobile devices to choose from. Regardless of who the president is, things will happen and everyone will blame them. When George W. Bush was in office there were just as many "I hate the president" bumper stickers as there is today about Obama. The sad part about the "I hate Obama" stickers though is you know that race plays a part in at least a couple of those.
What most people fail to understand is that America's success or failure goes way beyond the president. The system has become such a mess that I would be surprised if a president could make any real changes even if they wanted to. Corruption and greed have become so intertwined with politics it's going to take a complete revamp to ever fix the system.
Oh well, either way the president is my Commander in Chief and I think it's kind of trashy for any military members to be over the top in their shit talk about him. Just follow orders and move out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Matthew,
ReplyDeleteFor anyone, whether you're a soldier or a civilian, there's a right and a wrong, and it's the same for everyone. One God, one right, one wrong. The latest president is too far on the wrong side, which is why many people are upset.
Good luck with your writing. I think everyone has at least one book in them.
Lou Barba
Lou, thanks for visiting and for you feedback. However, I must strongly disagree with your comments. It is my belief that religion and it's teaching have no place in politics or any type of leadership unless you are in church. Good morals can be agreed upon by everyone, but to say there is only "One God, one right, one wrong" is a manner of thought that needs to be kept in the home or the place of belief. I'm sure the enemy that we are fighting in the Middle East say the same thing "One God, one right, one wrong". It cannot exist because humanity will never unite under such ideals.
Delete