I have made the conscious decision to become a work-aholic. I don't really play video games much anymore so that isn't an issue. Time wasted watching TV or surfing the Internet is over though......unless it's special alone time. I seem to have a never ending list of things that need to be done around the house and that list always seems to grow.
My hobbies count as work. Now that might sound crazy but I don't think it is if you really think about it. Writing, music, hunting/fishing, working on my truck or motorcycle, and working in my wood shop. These are the activities that will actually encompass most of my work time. They all go towards something though. They aren't just frivolous hobbies. My writing and music has the potential to reach a broader audience, once I refine it. Hunting and fishing not only are very fun, they will enable me to become more self sufficient and provide clean and healthy food. Working on my vehicles again allows me to become more self sufficient and can also save a lot of money. Working in my wood shop allows me to provide items that can be useful around the house and it provides additional income as I have had good luck selling some of those items.
If I had time I would consider taking a second job but my schedule is too erratic for that, unless I could find some type of work from home, make your own hours type of job. So I am going to work hard at improving a lot of things for myself and those around me. There are so many opportunities lying around and there are so many chances out there to make people better. Sadly most of us never take them. We are too busy getting caught up on our latest television addiction or staring into our phones like it holds the meaning to life. The real meaning of life is probably just around the corner. You just don't have the drive to look for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment