Sunday, October 27, 2013

Can I do it? Volume 4

It's all about little victories. I finally finished song number one, entitled Face The Day. Now, I use the word finished loosely, because actually it's not. The more I worked on it the more I realized that it's easy to just keep re-working the material over and over, trying to get that perfect edition. Well I don't exactly have that kind of time right now so we are going to leave it alone for now. The great thing about the digital age is I can come back to it later easy peasy lemon squeezy.

As I stated, the song isn't 100%. I am pretty happy with it and I am proud of myself but there are a couple areas that I know need some work. I'm not sure if the solo really fits the song. Now that's not to say that there shouldn't be a solo at all. I'm a die hard Metallica fan and minus that St. Anger bullshit they put out, every song has a solo. That's something that I would like to keep in my music as well. Everyone needs a little breakdown. But ya, the solo might not be a perfect fit so I might re-do that at a later day. There are also a couple small spots where the vocals are a little patchy. I know there is one spot specifically where I was changing the pitch in a weird way, and another spot or two in which the microphone got a little too much. No worries though. I'll fix it later. For now I want to be able to put this one aside and get on to the next one. I don't want to get all caught up one project for too long.

I'm stoked about the next song but it's gonna be a lot of work as well. Good thing I have some holidays coming up or it would be pretty difficult to accomplish. I think I might have to take next weekend off though ha ha. This project has been looming over me for the past couple of weeks. Like when you have a big assignment due for school and you can't really relax until it's out of the way.

So here is what I have so far. The video is just random ass clips of what I was doing throughout the process. I am not a very good music editor and I'm and even worse video editor so just realize that. If you like it please share it! I would really appreciate it. I want people to listen to it and I would love feedback as well, good or bad. I'm in the learning process so I'll totally be happy to get some criticism. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment