SSSoooooo...... It's winter time. I will have some extra time off due to all of the Holiday's and what not. I won't have much extra money to waste. What am I going to do? Write and record 3 songs by the end of the year. I've wanted to get more into my music for a while, but just like my writing, I'm good at not finding time to do it. Kids, work, marriage; all great things. Great things that don't have time for my hobbies.
This is my written commitment. I am shooting to average one song completed each month but if I have to catch up a little in December I can because I will have a bunch of days off and not a whole lot going on. I have to do some experimenting with my equipment because I'm trying to get much better quality then I did with my first recording. I recorded that one while I was deployed and it was on a guitar with so so sound and I only had my built in computer microphone. So it's pretty beat up. Music shit is expensive though and it's hard to justify spending money on it when my kids or the house needs something.
I am pretty sure I know what I'm going to record for two of the songs. One of them is going to be a kind of mellow acoustic. The other song will pick up the pace a bit and I'm planning on using my electric guitar for that one. That one is gonna be tough though because I'm gonna have to find time to brush up on my drumming and get that recorded as well. For song number three I might get my kids involved and possibly turn it into a Christmas type thing that we could send out to family but I'm not sure. They don't listen to shit so that might prove difficult. If it did work out I have a mellow song kind of worked out that we can do. Part of me would rather put some humor in on that one. We shall see. I would really like to make some videos to go along with the songs as well if time permits, although I'm not holding onto that as part of the deadline.
Obviously if I just completely shit the bed nothing will happen. There is no penalty for not finishing. However, part of my thinks that if I don't finish I should just give up on music to some extent. If I can't do this then maybe I need to stop the day dreaming and focus on something else. If I can't really see what I'm capable of doing then I should just resign my ability to being that of the half-assed, once-in-a-while campfire guy. If I don't see what is really possible then I'll never know. And that is not something I want floating around when I get old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment