Monday, October 14, 2013

Can I do it? Volume 2

I finally got around to getting the main rhythm guitar portion of my first song recorded today. It took me forever to just do that. At least it's done though and I really feel like things are going to pick up now. Since I actually have a working project now I'm kinda hooked and I feel like I will crank out the rest of it at a pretty good pace.

I used to really hate the recording process and most of that was simply because I just don't know how to do it that well. I'm teaching myself and just experimenting as I go. I learned a lot today though and I feel like it will help me out a ton.

So far I managed to get a clean recording of the entire song. The next step will be to see what if any changes need to be made. Then I'm going to start messing around with a few effects. I don't plan on doing anything too crazy but I'd like to make it sound like it's more then just a recording I did in the closet of my spare bedroom...... Then I'll add in a little solo and any other follow on's I deem necessary. Finally I'll throw down some of my angelic like vocals and call it a day!  

My microphone sounds really good. I got an Audio-Technica AT2020 a while back and it really sounds pretty good. I read a lot of reviews and it sounds like you can't really beat it for the price. For recording/mixing I'm using a free software called Audacity. You can't beat free and it's actually pretty awesome. I've been using it here and there for a long time and I think it's pretty awesome for basic level stuff. It seems like you could probably do a lot more with it if you know what you are doing but I don't.

Well, I have work to do. Hopefully be able to release October's track soon. Although I don't really know who I'll be releasing it to.......


No comments:

Post a Comment