I let things stop me. I spend a lot of time with my family but there are plenty of opportunities to step away for a few and work on my shit. I hardly ever do it though. I get into lazy periods and I can't snap out of them. Add the fact that marriage hasn't exactly been easy lately and I turn into a big pile of useless meat. Time to snap the hell out of it though. Like always, I can count on The Jason Ellis show to help me do that. Every time I listen it makes me want to push harder. I just allow life's distractions to get to me. I can't let that happen anymore. So I started Twitter back up hoping to be able to connect with Ellisfam a bit more. Some of the people in my life are pretty sketchy. I would love to be able to connect with a group of like minded people.
I don't mind the Military but if I could get better at doing something I truly love I would jump all over it. Working for the government is getting more and more difficult every day. With all of the budget bullshit going on people are constantly targeting us and other Veterans to try and find ways to pay us less or make us pay more for shit. It sucks. Promotions are harder, your every action is scrutinized, and opportunities we used to have are disappearing. I'm almost 10 years deep so I kind of figure I should finish out my career.
Either way, I need to harden the fuck up and stop making excuses for shit. It's coming.

No comments:
Post a Comment