Friday, May 28, 2010

Amazing 6th grade singer/piano player

Sooooo, I know for most people this is probably old news.  The video has been out for about a month so I'm probably the ten millionth person posting it, but as a musician myself I couldn't help it.  Plus I just started this blog so who cares.  This video has been out for just about one month and has over 23 million hits on YouTube.  That ought to tell you something.  Usually I'm not one to jump all over a viral video, or even to rave about musicians on YouTube.  I mean there are a lot of talented people out there, don't get me wrong, but I think this really is amazing.  So the kid is 12 and doing this, no doubt we haven't seen the last of him.  I wouldn't be surprised if people are already trying to sign him.  For anyone that knows me this might be a little out of character.  I mostly stick to heavy metal and hip hop.  However, I also recognize good music, and talent.  I play a little guitar and try to sing out some words now and then (mostly probably sounding like garbage) but this kid should be an inspiration to any aspiring musician.  If you have already seen it, enjoy it again.  If you have not seen it than sit back and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment