Well I just saw this movie. I don't make it to the theatre much these days (we have young children), so Netflix is our best friend. Usually I am really not for political type films. Especially being a soldier, I don't really like hearing people talk about how terrible America and her government is. I enjoyed this film though. You have to admit that during the whole recession thing there was really some funny stuff going on. I guess it was a bit of an eye opener to see things from a different point of view. My housing is paid for by the military, so I really never even thought about a foreclosure. If anything I was considering buying up a foreclosed profit to try and turn it for profit. While I am a real red-blooded American and I love my country, we are far from perfect. There are many things we need to change and I think the first thing that needs to happen is that we need to start taking care of our own. It's great that we have people in Africa helping HIV patients. It's great that we have programs to fight hunger in other countries. It's great that we want other countries to have democracy, although war may not always be the best path to get there........Iraq.....Afghanistan. All of these things are good and I'm not saything they should stop. We need to start taking care of our own though. It's great that we want to save the world, that is a noble cause, but we need to save ourselves along the way as well. As a quick side note, the average homeless person in America still has it better than a lot of people in third world countries. So don't think that I'm saying we should stop helping others. That is the last thing I want. I can't stand to hear Americans whine, because I have traveled the world and I have seen what misery looks like. I have seen poverty. I have seen humiliation. I have seen hunger. I have seen pain. Things most Americans know nothing about. So I am deffinetely NOT saying we need to pull everyone home and focus soley on America. We do however, need to be working on issues at the homefront as well though. I could ramble on all day about the things I think we need to do as a country, but I'm not going to do that. I just wanted to reccomend this film to anyone that is remotely interested. I always thought Michael Moore was a piece of crap but I kind of liked this one. Check it out if you have time.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment