So we are at day 51 or so of this BP mess. Sure they have been able to pump some of the oil but it's still leaking out into the water. I see a lot of coverage on the spill and people talking about ways to fix it. I think the most important thing this should teach us is not how to prevent future accidents, but how to end our dependency on oil.
Technology is out there to end the reliance on the combustion engine, people just have to be motivated to use it. I think the main thing holding us back is money. Not the money it will cost to develop and implement new technology. It's about the money that people will lose from big oil. People are too greedy and don't want things to change. It will take some sacrifice but this is something that must happen. If not I fear that someday we will have an over-heated industrial planet with black oceans. We need to learn how to work with our planet and not against it.
People are starting to get the hint. With each passing day you see more and more focus on green energy. This is good but oil is the most important thing that needs to be taken care of. To some it is black gold, but to the planet it is black death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment