Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Arizona, will it ever calm down?
So this law in Arizona is still constantly being brought up in the news. I thought that it would cause a stir for a week or two and then die down. Apparently that is not the case. This is a situation that I think is perfectly split down the middle. People either love it or hate it. Personally I think it is great. Illegal immigration has been a problem in this country for far too long. Why is it though that because I just said that someone will assume I'm a racist and I hate Mexicans? That is most definitely not the case, trust me. It's not just about Mexico either. Anyone can cross those borders. Potential terrorists could simply hike through the mountains and run loose in America. Why is it that people are so fired about this issue. Legal immigrants, people with student or working visa's, or travelers from abroad are supposed to carry their paperwork on them anyways. That is a federal law. Why is it so horrible to ask for that paperwork if you pull someone over and it's possible they are illegal? Everyone screams racial profiling. OK people, have you ever been to Arizona? I am from the southwest and you know what? A very large portion of the police force is going to be Hispanic. So it's not just a bunch of mean white guys running around picking on Hispanics. That is what people are making this out to be. If you are in this country legally than you have nothing to worry about. If you are not however, then get out, or suffer the consequences. I'm all about immigration, I love the diversity of America. I also understand that a lot of people just want to make a better life for themselves. There is nothing wrong with that. But everyone does not have those good intentions. You have people dealing with drug and human trafficking, gang affiliations, and just all around exploitation in mind also coming across that border. I just want to see people support Arizona. They are not cruel or racist. They are brave for trying to take things in the right direction. Something the federal government can't seem to take care of. I have one last gripe and then I'm done (this is really going to get me called a racist). Why is it that illegal aliens have so many damn rights? I'm not saying that we shouldn't show them compassion, but why are we going above and beyond to take such good care of someone that is breaking the law? For instance, I know a women that has a child with an illegal alien. The child was born in the US. The couple split and went to court for custody of the child. You would think that of course the mother will go home with the child. That is usually how things work anyways. Not only did they not give the mother the child, they granted the illegal alien primary custody. The guy who gets paid under the table, has no benefits, and is living in the country illegally just won custody of this child. Mind you the mother is married to a service member now, has full benefits and a good home, and still can't win custody of the child. How does that make any sense at all. The courts said that they were not in session to discuss the fathers legality. OK, by that logic then, I can start smoking crack, divorce my wife, and then hopefully win full custody of my kids because we won't be in court to discuss my little crack habit. I don't know, it's crazy. In the end all I am really trying to say is give America back to it's rightful owners, it's citizens.
Labels:
arizona,
border,
illegal aliens,
immigration,
mexico,
racial profiling,
racism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment