A while back I was surfing for things to watch on Netflix. I had seen the show Spartacus on there for a while but I had yet to try it out. With my options limited, I decided to give this show a go. I watched the first episode and hated it. The CGI was over the top.....and I thought it was going to be about gladiators..... I didn't watch another episode for at least a month. After a while I kept hearing people talk about the show. I decided to re-visit Spartacus and see what happened. I was soon hooked and I found out how truly amazing this show was. There was one particular reason why this show was so good; Andy Whitfield. I'm not usually one to gush over actors but this guy is really amazing. He truly made this show his own and stole the show. There was a good supporting cast but not one was touching Andy, that dude was a monster, he fit the role perfectly. Unfortunately, a while back, Andy was diagnosed with cancer. He recently lost his battle and has passed away. It is so sad that someone who just came into the spot light was so abruptly removed. However, at least he had a chance to come into that spotlight period. Now he will be remembered as being a greatly talented individual, and had he survived, he had a good chance at rising to the top. R.I.P Andy Whitfield and may peace be with your surviving family. Below is a link to the story.
Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews: R.I.P. Andy Whitfield: This made me so sad when I read this.... In the arena as Spartacus, he was invincible. But in real life, former Spartacus: Blood and Sand ...
No comments:
Post a Comment