Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lou Reed and Metallica

Here is the link to the first single from the Lou Reed/Metallica collaboration from the "lulu" collection. The song is entitled The View.

Disclaimer: I am strongly recommending that you do not listen to this song. I am putting this link on my blog for information purposes only. This song is terrible and should not be heard by anyone, especially Metallica fans.

http://youtu.be/8LWtb621DRg

I am a huge Metallica fan. I have always wanted to see them live, although as of yet I have not had that opportunity. Fans of the band will usually fall into one of two categories. Those that hate the new shit, and those that have found a way to still enjoy the bands music, regardless of it's changes. I fall somewhere in between. I like a few songs on Load and Re-Load, and I felt as though their last album, Death Magnetic, was at least a step in the right direction. St. Anger was complete shit. If you liked that album you should jump off a cliff.

Now that the background information has been stated, we are led up to the current atrocity surrounding the band that re-defined hard rock in the 80's.



 Metallica's partnership with Lou Reed is a joke and if you happened to click on the link I posted above, you should agree with me. How high do you have to be to put out some trash like this. How burnt out is this fucking guy and what the hell is he going on about in this song?

Some people have said, "Don't judge the band too harshly. This is a Lou Reed project featuring Metallica, so it isn't actually a Metallica album." That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that they associated themselves with this ear toxin.



I hate to talk bad about this band. I have loved them since I was a kid. However, the content that I enjoyed so much was actually good. As a matter of fact it was amazing! In my opinion, there are very few rock records from ANY band that can touch albums like Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and Ride the Lightning. On the topic of the bands past albums, if you think the black album is their best work(which most musically ignorant, half assed fans do) then you are an idiot. The black album is not bad, in fact it is pretty good, but it is the point at which Metallica started to spread through mainstream music. The black album was the tip of the spear for Metallica's decline.

Now we are introduced to this new project and I find myself completely losing respect for these guys. Who listens to some crap like that in the studio and say to themselves, "man that is sweet. Lets release it." It doesn't make any sense. I was listening to the Jason Ellis show the other day and they put it perfectly. Tully said, "I like butterfingers and I like salad dressing. I don't like them together."

This crap is bad.....I mean real bad. What worries me the most though is that some people out there might try and say it's good. If that happens and this shit somehow gets good ratings I will officially have lost hope in all humanity. I could record a better song with nothing but a harmonica and twenty minutes to rehearse......and I don't even know how to play the harmonica.......

No comments:

Post a Comment