Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SAVE US!!!

So I just watched the recent Republican debate. A lot of good points were brought up. I'm not going to try and pick it apart or anything like that. I'm sure that if you are interested in politics you watched it for yourself, if you missed it there are plenty of online resources in which you can fill yourself in with. As much as I enjoy watching debates and such I really try to not get sucked into what the participants are saying. Anyone can talk a good game about what needs to happen in America. Everyone knows about the issues we face, the real question is, who is really the right person to fix our nation?

My hope in the coming year is that people will use sound judgement when it comes to picking a new leader for our nation. Obviously I am a patriotic person. I wear the uniform of the United States soldier and I plan on continuing said service for the foreseeable future. However, the gullibility of the American citizen seriously does something to wrack my nerves!! There is a reason we are in our current situation. The blame cannot 100% be put at any one individuals feet, but our current Commander in Chief can certainly be on the receiving end of a pointed finger for a great many of our issues.

Why is Obama our President? Why is this man that has never served in the Armed Forces and had a relatively small resume in Government now the leader of our Nation? I blame the American citizen. Why were we gripped with Obama fever, Americans toting "It's time for change" T-shirts and bumper stickers? How was it that this novice enraptured our nation, only to see his approval ratings drop to less than half of the country? The answer, in my opinion, is simple. America was fascinated with the idea of Obama, rather with the actual man himself. People of all races wanted to show everyone how far we have come as a nation. "Look!" they cried. "We have a black President! We are not racist anymore! Isn't it great how understanding and equal we are now!!!" I believe that the color of Obama's skin, along with his speaking abilities, actually acted as a large reason for his current presidency. Oh how happy everyone was upon his election. Well look at us now. Mark my words, there is no way Obama will serve a second term. His policies are ridiculous and UN-American.

It's true that it is fairly common for political parties to rise and fall in popularity in a regular pattern. After Bush's wars and failures with hurricane Katrina the Democrats were set up for success. Well the current President has damaged the Democratic image so terribly that I wouldn't be surprised if Republicans win and maintain a majority in Washington that will outlast the trends of the back and forth pattern. Obama has set us up for an easy win, and personally I cannot wait. The only issue I have is that I hope people will use their brains this time. Don't fall for a smooth voice, the idea of what we need as a country, or who will be the popular figure in the worlds eyes to lead our country. We need to pick someone that is willing to make the hard decisions. Someone that is willing to change things drastically, getting rid of archaic systems, that we might be used to as a people, but are not necessarily what is best for us. Use your thinking machines folks, it's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment